It’s fair to say that drainage is a subject most people know very little about. The problem is that drainage can also be one of the most expensive problems any property owner can ever face. It’s important to understand the potential risks of drainage problems and know how to prevent them.
Drainage problems can affect all types of structures, including houses, roads, driveways, and any structures subjected to drainage management issues.
Drainage Problems and How to Recognise Risks
The best way to ensure that you are not exposed to the high financial risks of drainage issues is to learn how to recognise drainage problems. Please note – it is critically important to ensure that you manage drainage problems as soon as possible. Property damage can be severe, and the sooner drainage risks are eliminated, the safer your property will be.
There are several key indicators of drainage issues:
• Accumulation of water on roads or driveways – If water isn’t draining away, it may be beginning to infiltrate your road bed or driveway bedding. This can cause massive damage. You need to install proper drainage immediately.
• Potholes or surface irregularities – These localised issues mean that certain parts of surfaces are already subject to water infiltration. It is very strongly recommended to get an expert to check for drainage problems to deal with these issues before they get any worse.
• Soil movement around structures – Soil movement is usually caused by saturation after heavy rain or flooding. The possible ramifications of soil saturation can be extremely dangerous to buildings, roads, and other structures. Immediate rectification work is required.
What Professional Drainage Solutions Can Do for You
You could consider engaging professional drainage services as a form of risk management. Construction experts invariably emphasise the importance of managing drainage on site at all times, with good reason. Serious drainage damage can be sudden, and almost unbelievably expensive. Prevention is definitely better than cure.
Drainage solutions may include:
• Installation of additional drainage to manage water accumulation – This is basic essential drainage, designed to ensure that water does not accumulate and infiltrate structures.
• Drainage works augmenting existing drainage – This type of drainage is designed to use with our existing drainage system and enhance its ability to manage run-off and water accumulation.
• Drainage easements – Drainage easements are designed to mitigate flooding, and redirect water away from residential areas. Your local council may be able to assist if your property is subject to regular drainage issues.
Need Help with Your Drainage in Perth?
If you need assistance with any kind of drainage problem in the Perth metro area, Super Civil is your local drainage service. We provide drainage solutions to local governments, homeowners, and businesses throughout the Perth area. Give us a call on 08 9452 8040 or 08 9452 0864 if you need immediate services or would like to discuss your drainage issues. We’ll provide you with a free quote and all the expert help you need.